Based on the now, long gone, Branch Line from Campbelltown to Camden,

Sunday, 5 November 2017

My "Tip for Today"

Most modellers would use "Super Glue" sometime in their modelling. It would be getting close to 12 months since I had reason to use mine. Even though I have done a fair bit of modelling. "It kept gluing my fingers together".
Today I had reason to use what I have had over time, and it was as good as the day I bought it.
Clue :- I read that super glue is affected by moisture, so seeing that we use "Damp Rid" in our clothing cupboards, I put some (about a teaspoon) into a small Vegemite Jar, placed the tube of Super Glue in with it, and sealed it with the screw on lid. There is has been all this time, and is back on my shelf for who knows how long.
Damp Rid can be purchased from most Super Market Stores, and Bunning's in small satchels.
It works for me, so nothing too loose, "except your tube of glue".
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment